The John Wooden Center sits atop Parking Structure 4 on Westwood Plaza just south of Sunset Boulevard. It is in the heart of campus, at the intersection of Bruin Walk and Westwood Plaza, alongside the Intramural Field, Pauley Pavilion, the JD Morgan Center, Ackerman Union, and the Student Activities Center.
Policies - Strength & Conditioning Zones
Click here for facility hours.
For availability and to make a reservation, please visit our reservation site at http://reserve.recreation.ucla.edu.
- 3 basketball courts, 2 volleyball courts, 6 badminton courts, Gymnastics Gymnasium
- Strength & Conditioning Zone : weight training equipment, stretching mats, various cardio equipment including stationary bicycles, stairclimbers, ellipticals, treadmills, rowing machines, upperbody ergometer, and outdoor sports conditioning area. FITWELL staff available for assistance.
- 4 studios for fitness, dance, fencing, and martial arts - 3 with mirrors and hardwood floors and one with a heavy punching bag and padding on the walls and floor
- Certified Personal Fitness Trainers
- Handball, racquetball, and squash courts. Call (310) 206-8307 for reservations. Must be one day in advance. No same day reservations.
- A Games Lounge with a large screen TV and tables and chairs for cards, board games, and studying
- Men's and women's locker rooms with showers and saunas, and lockers available for rental
- Towels and sports equipment available for checkout
- The Rock Wall is designed for all levels of climbers, with dozens of indoor climbs and 15 climbing ropes (see the Open Recreation Hours)